Monday, June 3, 2013

REVIEW: Columbus Summer Teeth


Today brings us the last of the beers from the Columbus trip. We're wrapping up with a beer from another brewery that frustratingly, does not distribute to Cincinnati. I was first exposed to Columbus Brewing's offerings at last year's Beerfest where I had the exceptional Bodhi and the unbelievably good Creeper. Neither of those today though. Instead I'm taking a look at Summer Teeth, their summer seasonal, a kellerbier. Which is an old German style of unfiltered lager that, heretofore I was unaware of. Let's get to it. To the beer!

Summer Teeth pours a slightly hazed pale gold topped by two fingers of fluffy white lacing that recedes pretty quickly, but leaves spidery lacing on the way down.

The aromas here are pretty simple and straightforward. Floral hop is contrasted by a slightly sweet, crackery, cereal grain character and a touch of lemony citrus.

The flavors mimic the aromas pretty closely on Summer Teeth. It's crisp, with a very simple light body. Crackery, sweet-ish grain is joined by a floral hoppiness which turns almost to a slight tartness on the crisp, clean finish. There's a bit of citrusy lemon in there as well.

I liked this one a lot. Simple, straightforward, drinkable, approachable, and quite tasty. A very nice summer beer to be sure. I imagine I would really enjoy a cooler full of these on a hot summer day. If only I could get it around here!

HD

No comments:

Post a Comment