Wednesday, September 26, 2012

REVIEW: Williams Brothers Froach Heather Ale


So the last time I took a chance on a beer from Williams Bros. It was a hit, big time. The Kelpie Seaweed Ale was pretty amazing made even more so that I really had no idea what I was getting into. That's much the same case with today's beer, Froach Heather Ale. I was at Jungle Jim's recently and I remembered the great time I had with the Seaweed Ale, with that in mind I decided to grab a bottle of this Heather Ale. So here we go, another beer where I have no idea what I'm going to find when I pop the cap off this bottle. To the beer!

Froach pours a stunningly pretty hazed over orange. There's a pretty lovely range of colors going on in here. Some pale gold hangs out at the bottom of the glass and some darker amber bits going on underneath the two fingers of off white head.

Crackery biscuity malt leads the way on the aromas. It's mixed with some grassy, herbal, slightly floral hop notes. There's also some interesting peppery and earthy notes going on as well. Light and pretty complex.

Froach Heather Ale is medium to light bodied. But as light as this beer is the mouthfeel is awfully very full and round. It's lightly sweet with an earthy floral character. There's this fascinating spritziness going on that I really didn't anticipate. There's no real bitterness here but it's far from being an overly sweet beer. There are also some light peppery lemon flavors that add to the complexity. It finishes very dry.

Froach Heather Ale is fairly light in body and flavor but it's possessing of this outstanding subtle complexity. It's a bit of a shame that I'm drinking this so late in the year as this would probably make a darn good summer ale. This is another lovely and interesting brew from Williams Bros. Check this one out.

HD

No comments:

Post a Comment